For most, winter skin equals lots of layers of clothing, only to be seen in spring when layers are no longer needed and showing more skin is on the agenda. Whilst most people think that skin care routines such as exfoliating should be kept for special occasions only, research has proven that it should be built into our grooming routines for its added benefits. It helps get rid of dead skin cells, leaving skin smoother, younger and healthier, it also makes your moisturiser more effective, thereby enhancing the overall appearance of skin. The circular motions while buffing help improve circulation in the skin, which contributes to an even complexion.
As the cold begins to really set in this winter, there are even more reasons to turn that time indoors into an indulgent at-home spa session. Introduce exfoliation into your weekly pamper routine.
TO HELP YOU GET STARTED, PLEASE TAKE A LOOK AT SOME TOP TIPS ON HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR CONDITIONING BODY SCRUB:
- Begin by gently wetting your body in the shower with warm water. This will soften skin, loosen dead skin particles and make the scrub glide easily over your body.
- Apply a small scoop of scrub using your fingers (the quantity will depend on the size of the area in focus) and gently massage in circular motions.
- Start with large circular motions to buff away any remaining dead skin and stimulate microcirculation. Pay particular attention to dryer areas such as your elbows, heels and knees!
- Be meticulous by decreasing circular motions to hone in on areas that need extra attention. This will improve circulation and remove any unwanted bumps.
- Rinse the scrub from your body with warm water and discover the sensationally smooth feel of your polished and healthy skin.