The foods you eat have crucial effect on your skin, your body and your mind. Eating the right kinds of fruits and vegetables will play a huge part in ensuring that you’re happy, healthy and glowing. Both fruits and vegetables are powerful antioxidants that help to protect skin; if you’re having unhealthy / processed snacks, you’re likely to be prone to acne at some point in your life. You know what they say… you are what you eat!
Shop the Malée Range here.
Fruits that are good for you:
- They’re more than just delicious – strawberries are high in Vitamin C and contain hydroxyl acid, which is actually often used in acne treatments. The acid penetrates your pores and cleans them out. Strawberries also help with oily skin and stop spots from forming! Along with clearing milia, whiteheads and blackheads!
- Did you know pomegranates are actually considered a super-food? Pomegranates are rich in ingredients and packed with antioxidants that are capable of prompting a youthful glow. In fact, the entire fruit is packed with nutrients: the peel, the membrane, the arils and the edible seed!
- It’s an ancient myth that if you’re constipated, you’re prone to acne. (If you’ve had this problem before, let us know in the comments!). If you’re not going to the loo daily, the bad toxins will just revert back into your bloodstream. If that happens, your body will look and find another way to get rid of these toxins… and yes, you guessed it! Your skin.
- Papaya is known for being widely used in the skincare world. We guarantee you would’ve tried a product that contains some kind of papaya extract. Papaya contains a large amount of Vitamin A and it’s a very powerful antioxidant that counters free radical damage on skin and helps heal damaged skin by speeding up cell regeneration!
- Ah, lemons. Probably the most popular fruit out there when it comes to skincare, I’m sure you’ve heard that drinking some lemon water will change your life… well, yes, kind of. Lemons are completely antibacterial and can help treat acne as they’re high in Vitamin C and citric acid, so they can help brighten your skin over time and give you the glow.
Shop the Malée Conditioning Body Cream here.
At Malée, we’re huge believers in following a good diet and ensuring that you’re eating the right fruits that’ll help you overcome any skin issues that are current… or upcoming! Our products contain Mango Seed Butter, Avocado Oil and Citrus, all put into place to help condition, care and treat your skin.